2003 Apr 17 10:09

Re: [vox] [OT] What happened to 2xtreme.net

Re: [vox] [OT] What happened to 2xtreme.net

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 07:06:10AM -0700, andy wergedal wrote:
> I am the administratove contact but since the registered
> email server is dark I cannot receive the email.
>=20
> =3D=3D WHOIS INFO =3D=3D

Registrant:
CREATIVE PAGE (CREATIVEPAGE2-DOM)
   2800 Hilldale Road
    null
   US

   Domain Name: CREATIVEPAGE.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Wergedal, Andy  (AW5192)		webmaster@CREATIVEPAGE.COM
      CREATIVE PAGE
      2800 Hilldale Road
      Sacramento , CA 95864
      (916) 488-2800

  The email contacts for a domain should never point into the domain itself.
The only time people normally need to mess with whois is when something
is broken...

  The administrative email address is pointing into the domain and
since the domain is down this will prevent you from using email.

  The first incomplete address is the registered owner...
That address being incomplete will likely prevent using snail mail
as the registered owner to fix this.

  Fortunately the Administrative Contact has a possibly valid snail=20
mail address ... if this address is correct you should be able to get=20
network solutions to help you out, but through postal mail.

  If the address information is bogus or stale, then get another domain=20
name... you are wasting your time trying to "steal" this domain from the=20
rightful owner.

    Good Luck,
      Mike Simons

ps:
  If you get control over this domain.
- Correct the owner address...=20
  consider making it different from the Admin address.
- Move the Administrative contact email address to another account your
  can check (one not inside the domain).
- Consider putting a FAX number on the admin handle... faxing forms
  back and forth is quicker than snail mail if the registrar supports
  that method.

--=20

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--