2003 Apr 12 09:07

[vox] [OT] renters question - 'snooping' landlord

[vox] [OT] renters question - 'snooping' landlord

I've followed this thread with great interest.  It seems to me that many are
missing a key point here.  The owners CARES about the property and is trying
to make the place better!!

I bet if you just ask him to let you know what he is doing and when, he will
tell you.  Especially if you explain that it will help you move anything
that could become a problem (cars, potted plants, bikes etc.).  If you go
grab the books and start quoting your "legal rights" as the first option you
stand to have a hostile relationship that is could make things a lot harder
on you than you need them to be.

I went through this about 15 years ago and after a couple of conversations
everything worked out just fine.