2003 Apr 10 01:41

Re: [vox] [OT] Paypal (was E-commerce/Credit Card...)

Re: [vox] [OT] Paypal (was E-commerce/Credit Card...)

--On Wednesday, April 09, 2003 08:47:19 PM -0700 Charles McLaughlin <cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

I recently designed a website for a non-profit organization that would
like to accept donations online.  I've found that credit card processing
services are expensive -- the cheapest I've found is ~$20/month.  This
isn't feasible for the organization I'm working with.  Now I'm thinking
of using PayPal, since there is no monthly fee.
This isn't a direct answer to your question, but I suggest you think hard about signing up with paypal:

"eBay bends over backwards to hand users' personal info to police"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04485.html>
(Paypal is owned by eBay)

"Anti-abortion activist complains Paypal seized his account"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04524.html>

"Paypal deletes account of independent news site, gives no reason"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04548.html>

"Politech members reply over Paypal deleting news site account"
<http://www.politechbot.com/p-04552.html>

One of these mentions Affero, <http://www.affero.com/>. I don't know anything about them other than what's on their home page, but you might check them out.

--
Ken Herron