2003 Apr 07 16:32

Re: [vox] [OT] renters question - 'snooping' landlord

Re: [vox] [OT] renters question - 'snooping' landlord

begin Rob Rogers <rob@wizardstower.net>
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 14:16:46PM -0700, Chris Brick wrote:
> > > is anyone familiar on what the law says about this?  is he allowed to go into our
> > > backyard unannounced?   on our roof?   in our front yard?
> >
> > Last time I looked into this the landlord has to give 24 hours notice before
> > entering the property, regardless of reason.  I seem to remember a google search for
> > california landlord/tenant law brought up some interesting links.  This was some
> > years ago so laws may have changed.
>
> I'd always understood the notice to be for entering the building. I'm
> not sure that any notice is needed for entering the yard.

yeah, that's kind of what i was wondering.  everything i've seen on the
net talks about "entering the premises", but i'm not exactly sure i know
what the word "premises" refers to.

unfortunately, i have a feeling you're correct, though.  that it doesn't
include the front and back yards, and the roof...

pete