2003 Apr 06 19:00

Re: [vox] OT: A programming challenge involving XML

Re: [vox] OT: A programming challenge involving XML

I did a project like that for HP a couple of years ago,
parsing and loading XML data into Sybase with C++.

You definitely have to understand some basic XML concepts
and theory, so you'd best read the book you bought or
something like it.  Then you'll almost certainly want to get
some XML-parsing library like Xerces or libxml.  Do some
searching on freshmeat.net to find those and some other
options.

I'm sure there's lots of Perl stuff out there also.  If you
tell us what your preferred language is for this then I'm
sure someone will pipe up with suggestions.

Then it's just details, and lots of them.  ;-)

Hope this helps a bit...
remote system administration services.