January 6: Social gathering
2003 Apr 06 16:41

[vox] OT: The Matrix 'Anamatrix' 3 videos available for DL...

[vox] OT: The Matrix 'Anamatrix' 3 videos available for DL...

As some have pointed out, there were issues with the second and third
videos (high res version) being played in mplayer. Here is what I found
helped to make this work:

For the "detect" file, it seems an issue with the larger files they
created. I DL all three and the 320 file had good sound sync without
issues. What I did to get sync sound from mplayer with the 3rd one:

$ mplayer -cache 65536  -dumpaudio detect_320_dl.mov
$ mv stream.dump detect.audio.aac
$ faad detect.audio.aac detect.audio.wav
$ mplayer -fs -cache 65536 -audiofile detect.audio.wav detect_640_dl.mov

Sound was sync-ed and it worked just fine with hi res graphics. :-D

As for the second video, playing with the -delay option to mplayer helped
a bit if I did not want to use an audio file. I found an 11 second
negative delay worked well for me for the second video:
$ mplayer -cache 65536 -delay -11.0 -f program0xA3B1.mov

The first max res video just worked "as-is" and I did not need any mods to
make it work.

(Posted to both lists to help others get this to work iuf thwy want to
play it in Linux without resorting to crossover, or *yeeech* some other
OS... ;-)

-ME