2003 Apr 03 01:27

[vox] Techno stuff wife and girlfirend

Dear Tech Support,

    Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the
new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space
and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the
product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and
launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity.
Applications such as Smoking 10.3, Boozing 2.5 and Saturday Nights 5.0 no longer
run, crashing the system whenever selected. I cannot keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run some of my other favorite applications
like Night Club 4.3, Dance 'n' Drunk 2.0 and Bachelor Party 7.77. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the UN-install Does not work on this program. Once I tried to uninstall Wife1.0 but got this error "General protection Fault in module House Security. The UN-installation will abort." Can you help me, please!!!

                                                    Regards Desperate User

Reply from Tech. Support

Dear User,

Ref: Upgrade from a girlfriend to a wife

This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly due to a
primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife1.0
with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program.
Wife 1.0 is actually an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by its creator to
Run everything. It is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to UN-install, delete, or purge Wife 1.0 from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this. Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but
end up with more problems than the original system. Look in your manual under
"Warnings-Alimony/Child Support" which was given to you at the time of  registration with Wife 1.0. I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and just deal with the situation. Having Wife 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Partnership Faults(GPFs).
The best course of action will be to enter the command C:\>APOLOGIZE. In
fact I would suggest you use this command every time Wife 1.0 crashes on
your system. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high maintenance. Consider buying additional software to improve the performance of Wife1.0. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Chocolates 5.0 or Movies 4.5, which will improve the performance of Wife 1.0.    Do not, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.
                                                    Best of luck, Tech Support.

Do you Yahoo!?