2003 Apr 02 02:19

[vox] 'CollegeLinux' distro

I just noticed this article over at DesktopLinux.com.
I realize LUGOD is in a college town, and everyone thinks we're all students,
so I thought I'd pass it along:

  Collegelinux 2.1 released

  CollegeLinux 2.1 -- "The Jedi" -- has been released. The small distribution
  for students was introduced two months ago.

  CollegeLinux includes KDE 3.1.1, an improved installer with error checking
  and support for various hard disks, multiple Linux/Windows partitions, and
  multi-boot + auto scan of your hard drives. Printing services support CUPS.
  Over 1300 drivers are available via foomatic.

  Applications include:

  * Mozilla 1.3 -Flash/java Enabled in both Konqueror & Mozilla
  * Lin Network Neighborhood preconfigured..on your win network with 2 clicks
  * OpenOffice and KOffice, Xchat, Video Player, ADSL pppoe tool, CD burning
    utility
  * Kbudget
  * WINE (Windows Emulator)
  * Sylpheed (email client)
  * ...of course the usual slackware base and reliability!

For more info., see:

  http://www.college.ch/linux/

Perhaps this is another distro disc we can burn and hand out at events. ;^)

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/