2003 Mar 29 08:09

[vox] Food & time at the library

Mike, Henry and I discussed the price we've been paying for the library,
compared to what we've been using.  Lately, our meetings have been ending
at or before 9pm, so paying $5 bucks to go until 10 has pretty much been
wasted.

Also, other than the occasional pop-corn (thanks, Marc!), nobody has been
bringing food, and we certainly haven't been ordering or bringing anything
else (e.g., deli sandwiches, pizza, chinese, chips-n-dip, veggies, etc.).
I'm not sure pop-corn is really worth the $10 bucks it costs us.

So, unless anyone has any real argument against it, from now on, unless
someone lets me know in advance that they're bringing food, I'm going to
not pay the price for it.  (I suppose if we need it last minute, there's
no problem going up to the info. desk at the library and paying after we've
already started setting up.)

Also, since most speakers lately have been ending considerably early, it
seems we don't really _need_ to go over the time limit.  (If we get out
early enough, folks can ask questions of the speaker(s) on-one-on after
the meeting at the Bistro.)

So from now on, I'm going to make sure the speakers know they need to
be completely wrapped up by about 8:45pm, so that we have 10-15min to clean
up the room and shoo everyone out.  If they think they really do need more,
again, it shouldn't be a problem to go pay the $5.00 for the key to lock
up afterwards.

Anyway, gotta run...