2003 Mar 21 14:25

[vox] [Fwd: Opara 6.06 Released, Security-Hole Left]

Some of you use Opera and might want to know about this.
Enjoy,
-ME

Subject: Opara 6.06 Released, Security-Hole Left
From:    "nesumin" <nesumin@softhome.net>
Date:    Wed, March 19, 2003 9:55 pm
To:      bugtraq@securityfocus.com
Opera Software released Opera 6.06.
However, the security hole that we had released on Feb 9th, 2003
("Opera Username Buffer Overflow Vulnerability"
[http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/311194])
has not been fixed yet. Opera 6.06 still has this security hole,
to which we should pay heed.

Here attached an HTML file that you can easily check this vulnerability.
This would run the code that launches the Internet Explorer.
Change file extension to HTML.

nesumin <nesumin@softhome.net>