2003 Mar 18 10:38

Re: [vox] Demo today

hi doug,

check out /usr/src/linux-2.4.20/Documentation/sysrq.txt

it's very short.  basically, you make the kernel:

1. flush buffers ("sync disks")
2. remount all partitions as read-only
3. reboot

print screen == sysrq

alt-sysrq-s    flush
alt-sysrq-u    remount partitions as read-only
alt-sysrq-b    reboot

you can actually send TERM and KILL to all processes.   this is the kind
of thing you should really read about before using.   it's short and
well written.

pete

begin R. Douglas Barbieri <doug@dooglio.net>