2003 Mar 14 14:15

Re: [vox] [Fwd: Vulnerability in OpenSSL]

Re: [vox] [Fwd: Vulnerability in OpenSSL]

According to the posted followup paper (link to the paper), the latest
verison of OpenSSL does support methods to avoid many of the risks
associated with timing based attacks, *but* mod_ssl, stunnel, bind, etc.
do not utilize this new feature of OpenSSL - suggesting that even though
OpenSSL may be patched, those apps that compile against/link with OpenSSL
may not be insulated from timing based attacks.

The paper goes on to ref testing against OpenSSL 0.9.7 and a later 0.9.6
("g" I think, but can't recall since I am on 0.9.7a.)

-ME