2003 Mar 14 13:48

Re: [vox] CD burn request for Saturday's demo

On Friday 14 March 2003 10:06 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> but i didn't need instructions at all.   if you install via rpm or deb,
> i think it's all taken care for you.  no wierd /net options to use.
>
> pete

Okay, but according to my old Star Office 5.1 instructions (which I at one
time wanted to destroy but never got around to) there are three different
types of installation:

1.  Single User Installation

2.  Network Installation

3.  User Installation

On my system I have a personal account and a business account.  If you have
more than one account you do #2 followed by #3.  So maybe we should do a FAQ
like Bill says, and lay out the different options.

I don't know what it would have been like had I (read "Rod Roark" here)
installed Open Office from the Mandrake CD's.  But since we're talking about
passing out CD's that are not part of a Linux distro, maybe we should write
something up about the three options.

In my case I did #1 first.  And then I realized that that was not the type of
installation I wanted.  So I removed Open Office and did the other install.

Bob