2003 Mar 08 07:46

re: Fund raisers for LUGOD...

  • To: <vox@lMAPSugod.org>
  • Subject: re: Fund raisers for LUGOD...
  • From: "Charles McLaughlin" <cmclMAPSaughlin@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:02:49 -0800

Just an idea.... Occasionally people post to this list offering free
computers.  The club could reformat donated computers, install some Linux
distro and sell them.  Maybe the computers could even be auctioned off at
club meetings!  I bet some UCD CS students would be interested in buying
cheap computers with Linux pre-installed....

One down-side of this would be that the computers might not end up being
donated to a school or other worthy institution.  Then again, if the
computers don't sell, they could be donated to another organization with
Linux pre-installed!   ;-)

Charles