2003 Feb 28 13:32

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

Rod Roark wrote:

> <snip>
>
> What *would* be interesting to me is a list dedicated to
> *creating* jobs.  That is, discussion of ideas for new
> (Linux-related) businesses that bring talented people
> together, and hopefully lead to success for many, where a
> single person by themselves could not pull it off.

A discussion board dedicated to the needs that businesses
and governments have in solving their database challenges
would be useful. Running Oracle or MySQL on Linux is
not a frequent topic on this board; however, a relational
database is a very common tool used to store enterprise
data.

My work at the Everglades is allowing
the creation of an application server generic enough to
create and run enterprise applications. It's open source,
and hopefully talented people will use it to create application
service providers, thereby creating jobs. If you're curious,
visit http://appaserver.org.

-- Tim Riley
   timriley@appahost.com