2003 Feb 28 13:16

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 12:24, Rod Roark wrote:
> Well dangit, now I can't stop thinking about this.
>
> The problem with a jobs list is that it will be filled with
> the same spam from recruiters that you see everywhere else.
>
> Also job-seeking by itself is a zero-sum game: if someone
> gets a job, someone else doesn't get that job.  So you
> won't see many instances of job-seekers helping each other
> out in the same geographical area, other than situations
> where their talents have little overlap.
>
> What *would* be interesting to me is a list dedicated to
> *creating* jobs.  That is, discussion of ideas for new
> (Linux-related) businesses that bring talented people
> together, and hopefully lead to success for many, where a
> single person by themselves could not pull it off.
>
> -- Rod

I was thinking that too. So far most of the cheap computers running
Linux ain't that attractive :). I mean desktop ones here...a lot of
people buy Apple based on the looks of the case vs what they can do with
it (unless its graphics design it isn't much else on the low end).

Perhaps we could meet up over lunch sometime in a very cheap place :).

Matt