2003 Feb 28 13:01

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

No, job seeking is NOT a zero-sum game necessarily.  By nature of one
person getting a job somewhere, they can by proxy bring others in as well
(they become a gateway effectively of an HR NAT setup ;)

I made a shitload of VA money getting referral fees for finding clued
people in the door and hired (and most companies have such policies).

The immediacy these days for seeking employment (not to mention the fact
that due toi the demographics of LUGOD, most here are not capable of the
capital of starting a venture) means that regeardless of competiotion, its
beeter to network with those you know than not.

There is an ex-VA list and several people have acquired new jobs via old
linkages (as well as competed for jobs amongst each other).