2003 Feb 28 13:16

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

Well dangit, now I can't stop thinking about this.

The problem with a jobs list is that it will be filled with
the same spam from recruiters that you see everywhere else.

Also job-seeking by itself is a zero-sum game: if someone
gets a job, someone else doesn't get that job.  So you
won't see many instances of job-seekers helping each other
out in the same geographical area, other than situations
where their talents have little overlap.

What *would* be interesting to me is a list dedicated to
*creating* jobs.  That is, discussion of ideas for new
(Linux-related) businesses that bring talented people
together, and hopefully lead to success for many, where a
single person by themselves could not pull it off.

-- Rod