January 6: Social gathering
2003 Feb 20 22:49

Re: [vox] [OT] How/where to dispose of power supply

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 09:46:08PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I've got a busted PC power supply, and I don't really think that
> dumping it in the local trash bin is a good/environmental idea.
>
> Where can I rid myself of it, where it'll be disposed of properly,
> or recycled?

I doubt that most people give it any thought when they dump their old
computer and monitor in the trash bin. I expect lead from monitors, old
computers and even old cell phones will be a big waste problem soon --
maybe they already are.

Here are some options in Sacramento:
http://www.sacgreenteam.com/ewaste.htm

My wife was checking out this site earlier today. She is conspiring to
throw out my Commodore 64, and some old 386/486 computers. Doesn't she
realize the C-64 classifies as an antique or classic?