2003 Feb 20 15:53

[vox] Crepe Bistro

This past Monday, when we dropped by the Crepe Bistro after our meeting,
it was brought to a few people's attention that the folks at the Bistro
are going to start charging gratuity for groups over 6 people (or somesuch).

This can no doubt cause some difficulty, since we don't always know how
many people will be showing up.  (One time I asked, about 5 people
said they were going.  When I got there, there were 15 of us!)

I'm beginning to think we may want to look for another post-meeting venue
to meet up at.  The Bistro has a few advantages over most places:

  * They're open until 11.
    (Actually, they aren't right now... Winter hours, apparently.
    They've also had the tendency to turn the music up to a deafening volume
    at around 10pm.  I'm guessing it's supposed to be some kind of subtle
    hint.  I would have thought a simple "We're closing.  We're going to have
    to ask you to leave" would be sufficient, but whatever. >:^( )

  * They serve meals and dessert.
    (Some of us are looking for an after-meeting snack.
    Others are starving for some dinner, already!)

  * They're not too far from the Library, and easy to get to.
    (Left onto 14th, right onto F, turn into parking lot after 3rd St.)

  * They had an assortment of vegetarian cuisine
    (Ok, so I'm biased with this one :^) )

However, they have a few disadvantages:

  * Price.
    (They aren't cheap.  This new forced-gratuity doesn't help, and
    depending on how it works, may leave late-stayers stiffed.)

  * They close at 10 now.
    (And obnoxiously; see above.)

Are people generally happy with The Bistro, even with these problems?

Are there other places people would rather go?
(We used to go to Baker's Square, but some people really hated their food,
and never came.)

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick