2003 Feb 19 12:36

Re: [vox] Colocation Comparison and Cost Review

Re: [vox] Colocation Comparison and Cost Review

Nice article!

Omsoft.com offers colo, is local to Davis, and is cheap if
you have modest bandwidth needs.  They will take an ordinary
tower case, you don't need a rackmount.

Also I think it would be useful to mention DSL as an
alternative to colo.  With ordinary ADSL you can get 256K
outbound for about $65-70/month, which if you do the math
you'll find is a whole bunch of available monthly bandwidth.

I have two such DSL lines (different ISPs) which provides a
huge redundancy benefit as well as the increased bandwidth.
It's also a big plus to be able to deal with hardware
ugrades and problems hands-on.

remote system administration services.