2003 Feb 07 14:22

Repost: [vox] Possible talks by Micah Cowan

Repost: [vox] Possible talks by Micah Cowan

This is a repost of a message sent by Pete in response to a message
from me.

--- Begin Message ---
hi lugod,

micah cowan has offered to give a talk at one of our meetings.  as an
unofficial poll, what topics would people like to hear about most?

micah indicated that this is ordered by the amount of prep time he would
need to prepare for the talk.

- Advanced E-Mail Techniques, or, Anatomy of an E-Mail (for people who
  don't know SMTP or POP3, or how to read the trace headers - moderate).
- Unicode (moderate)
- DocBook (moderate)
- XML (moderate)
- The "New" C: C99 (tecchy - assumes C knowledge)
- XSLT - An XML transformation language that is itself an XML
  application. This would be a two-parter: 1. XPath and 2. XSLT. (tecchy)

my own unofficial vote would be on C99.   :-)

pete