January 6: Social gathering
2003 Feb 03 09:56

Re: [vox] Open Office Question

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 04:17:11PM -0800, Henry House wrote:

> Please share! I have never figured out how to start an OpenOffice other than
> the word processor from the command line.

Hi Henry,

I like using the Debian packaging for OpenOffice. I add the following
line to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.openoffice.tuxfamily.org/openoffice unstable main contrib

What is cool is there is a package called openoffice.org-debian-files,
and each function of openoffice can be involked via command line using
the scripts provided in the package:

/usr/bin/ooffice
/usr/bin/oomaster
/usr/bin/oohtml
/usr/bin/oowriter
/usr/bin/oomath
/usr/bin/ooimpress
/usr/bin/oodraw
/usr/bin/oocalc

So, to invoke the spreadsheet, run oocalc. Hope this helps!

BTW: Does anyone think this thread should be moved to vox-tech?

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net

MIT.edu recv-key: F6368A3D