2003 Feb 01 14:07

[vox] Microsoft security gets an 'F'

1. http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/02/01/microsoft.security.reut/

there are some real gems in this article.  really funny stuff you'll
definitely want to read.  but here's the gist of the article:

   "Trustworthy Computing is failing," Russ Cooper of TruSecure Corp.
   said of the Microsoft initiative. "I gave it a 'D-minus' at the
   beginning of the year, and now I'd give it an 'F."'

2. http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/holes/story/0,10801,78063,00.html

ironically, free software could've prevented the worm from being
successful.  i'm not sure if they really mean "free software", but at
least the executable could be freely run.