2003 Jan 28 16:17

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Sig line [ newbie annoyed with tin ]

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Sig line [ newbie annoyed with tin ]

micah,

yes, you absolutely run the risk of losing the original readers of the
message.  however, this is a DESIRABLE state of affairs.

everyone is happy:

1. people hate non-tech banter don't get the thread once it becomes
   non-technical.

2. people who love non-tech banter still get the thread because they
   subbed to vox as well as vox-tech.

micah, in other words, the people who chose not to subscribe to vox (but
did subscribe to vox-tech) made a conscious decision to do so.  they
chose to not subscribe to vox for a definite reason.

and by redirecting the thread to vox, we're respecting that reason.

besides, the people who are subbed to both mailing lists and are using a
threaded mailer like mutt see no discontinuity.

pete

begin Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name>