January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 28 15:15

[vox] Re: [vox-tech] Sig line [ newbie annoyed with tin ]

[vox] Re: [vox-tech] Sig line [ newbie annoyed with tin ]

note: redirected to vox, since IMHO, this falls under the realm of
opinion and writing style.

looks like i'm a libertarian again.

i definitely see merit with both styles, although use of both styles in
one email is positively deadly (like i just did).

when i read an email exchange without point by point arguing, i much
prefer seeing replies on top.   if people start to respond by "points",
then replies on bottom are much preferable to me.

although i think both styles have their merit, i think it's laughable
that ESR would call a style "deprecated".  even if rod's method had no
merit whatsoever, having the gall to call someone's quoting style
"deprecated" is an act of hubris.

it would be like me declaring the (1 -1 -1 -1) signature for special
relativity to be "deprecated" (which i would dearly love to do).  i'd
have many phd's to contend with, and phd's tend to be bad people to
argue with because they're all convinced they know it all.

i wish it were clear which method is best.   the fact that it's not
clear to me is a good indication that the best method is whatever the
individual wants.  that's the way thomas jefferson would want it,
anyhow.

pete

begin Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>