2003 Jan 28 17:07

Re: [vox] [OT] Looking for cell phone suggestions

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Rod Roark wrote:

> Hi all, it looks a bit slow here today, so I hope nobody
> minds this off-topic query.
>
> My old cellphone is pretty clunky by today's standards and
> the paint is wearing off the buttons, so it's time for a new
> one.  Only problem is, I can't find one I like.
>
> I don't want color or games or a built-in camera.  All I
> want is a reliable, sturdy phone.  A flip-thingy to protect
> the buttons would be nice, and good battery life, and not
> too heavy (say 5 oz. max).
>
> I hear AT&T has the best coverage around here, so TDMA
> compatibility would be best.  Sprint PCS would probably also
> be OK.  Anyone tried Verizon?
>
> All suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!

I have AT&T, and just upgraded to a Nokia 3360 from a 5165.  The external
antenna on the latter got stepped on... the former has no such weakness.
The 3360 also accepts IR business cards from my Visor, though it only
extracts the "home" and "business" phone numbers from the IR data.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing