2003 Jan 23 11:58

Re: [vox] [OT] radio shack

Quoting Micah J. Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> ...on and on... makes me suspect the guy has no clue what a gateway
> actually is...

Sadly, they're typically not allowed to display any clues they might have.
Front-line support techs most often are required to work pretty much
solely from furnished scripts.  If your needs differ from their scripts,
then they have to find a way to fit them in.

Most shops have been trying to cut support costs to the bone, and
therefore hire very low-paid staffers and deliberately deprive them of
discretion in the performance of their duties.  Supposedly, this
guarantees level of service.  They really do think that way.

--
Cheers,                   I once successfully declined a departmental retreat,
Rick Moen                 saying that on that day I planned instead to advance.