2003 Jan 17 14:01

Re: OT: A nerd's humor (was) Re: [vox] Two Bits of Trivia

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote:

> Up spake ME on Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:12:50AM -0800:
> > normally implied "service".) Then there are MS examples. My favorite is:
> > "Windows 2000. Based on NT Technology." Well, What does "NT" stand for?
> > Heh-heh.
>
> I thought everyone knew this.  It stands for "Not Tough".

That isn't what MS says... and therein lies ME's snicker: NT is "New
Technology"... so "New Technology Technology" is a bit of meta-language
that reminds us that MS is more interested in manipulating language than
about manipulating technology.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing