2003 Jan 16 01:41

[vox] Good website and mail hosting services?

[vox] Good website and mail hosting services?

Hi all,

My agreement to host my game webpage is on shaky grounds and I may
lose the domain altogether. The basic situation is that the people
who controlled the game before me before me were short-sighted and
let the ISP register the domain in the ISP's name, not in one of
their names, so we're facing a real bear in getting it properly transferred
and registered in the name of the game admins (namely me). Now the
said same ISP is wanting more money for hosting of the website and
yet still not transferring the domain even though it's been nearly
a year since they agreed to make me the administrative contact (feeling
a bit like a hostage here).

I do have another domain I can transfer the game's info to, but I
need email for the domain, and my current (free) hosting at my apartment
complex only is for webpages, not for email addresses. So I'm looking
for a fairly cheap solution that has MySQL and PHP support on the
webpage side and also the ability to add up to x email addresses
for the domain (at least 20 for our coders and player leaders).

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000