2003 Jan 10 12:00

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:37:48AM -0800:
> i'm now contemplating action.  i don't care about the 13 bucks; the
> money means nothing to me.  i'm the farthest thing from being miserly.
> however, judging from all that feedback, these people are clearly pretty
> dishonest, and someone needs to do something about it.

IANAL, even though I live with one.

You didn't mention how you paid.  If by credit card, dispute the charges.
(They have to give you 60 days, so you still have time.) You're still
responsible for the first $50, but it may be good therapy to imagine Visa
deploying a double phalanx of lawyers in these guys' direction.

If you sent payment by US mail, then you can involve the USPS.  It's a
(separate) crime to use the postal service to commit fraud.  There's a form at
http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

Phear the wrath of the USPS, for they are, truly, sleeping giants.  Did you
know that it's a *felony* to tamper with the post?

--nicole twn

***
"640K of RAM ought to be enough for anybody."--Bill Gates, 1981
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.