2003 Jan 07 11:15

Re: [vox] expectation of privacy on an open mailing list?

Re: [vox] expectation of privacy on an open mailing list?

Rick,

You and Bill are right. I got my information from someone who had claimed to study copyright law, and I didn't bother following up. ;-)

I spent about 20 minutes poking around the Library of Congress's website and was kind of surprised to see that there isn't a provision for explicitly putting something into the public domain.

From what I can tell, the very definition of public domain is in question. "It's a moving target," I read in one article about the subject.

So, I guess we can just assume that everything we write and see is copyrighted and we should be behave accordingly.

Rick, how much do I owe you for the paragraphs below?

Richard