2003 Jan 06 13:34

[vox] [fwd] Re: OPENSSH REMOTE ROOT COMPROMISE ALL VERSIONS

----- Forwarded message from troy <fryman@sonic.net> -----

Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:16:32 -0800
From: troy <fryman@sonic.net>
Subject: [lists@globalintersec.com: Re: OPENSSH REMOTE ROOT COMPROMISE ALL VERSIONS]
To: talk@nblug.org

Don't panic yet...

	From: Global InterSec Research <lists@globalintersec.com>
	As some may have gathered, the advisory recently posted by
	mmhs@hushmail.com was indeed a fake, intended to highlight several
	unclear statements made in GIS2002062801.

Enabling UsePrivilegeSeparation is still a good idea though...
Redhat never provided packages with that capability did they?

-ta

----- Forwarded message from Global InterSec Research <lists@globalintersec.com> -----