January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 04 08:17

[vox] Halloween 8 traffic results, compared to December

[vox] Halloween 8 traffic results, compared to December

As of 10pm on the 3rd (the day LUGOD was indirectly Slashdotted),
we received this many visits thanks to the Halloween document :^)

  http://www.opensource.org/halloween/halloween8.php     7257
  http://opensource.org/halloween/halloween8.php          100

That's almost as many hits into the site from that one document in one day as
we get ALL MONTH from Google.com search results. :^)

  - Google            7980
  - Yahoo              809
  - Google (Images)    561
  - AltaVista          176

So far in January, we've already received 100 more different visitors
than we received in the second half of December [*]! :^)
(It's in the 11,000 range.)

In the last two weeks of December there were about 28,500 page views.
In the first 3 days of January, about 22,000.

In terms of hits, the Slashdotting caused twice as many as the entire
last two weeks of December.

And finally, in terms of bandwidth, hold onto your hats:

  First visit    Last visit       Bandwidth
  15 Dec 2002    31 Dec 2002        1.16 GB
  01 Jan 2003    03 Jan 2003      765.14 MB

WOW!

-bill!
[*] The server was moved in mid-December, so the stats only go back to the 15th.