January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

on Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 02:06:03PM -0800, Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com) wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 01:03 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > ps- if you want to see something really pathetic, turn off cookies
> > if they aren't off already and go to http://www.metagroup.com.  heh.
> > i guess the economic slowdown hasn't touched these people yet.
> > imagine that, flat out REFUSING to provide any content at all unless
> > cookies are enabled.   i can see a warning...  but to simply deny
> > all access to their website?   sheesh!

> Some browsers (Mozilla for sure) will let you limit the
> lifetime of a cookie to the duration of the current session.
> That's probably the best setting for most of us.  In which
> case you should also exit and restart the browser between
> sittings.

My understanding is that this is a global setting.  To be useful it
needs to be configurable on a per-site basis.  Or am I missing
something?

This is also a function which hasn't worked its way into Galeon yet,
though I haven't been following 2.0 development.

Peace.