Re: [vox] Left Wing Lawyers for Linux

Ok, a few thinsg:

1. IANAL
2. I am right-wing (centre-right, but nonetheless...)
3. "Palladium" is not quite as how you described it.  It is more of an
authentication/DRM schema from hell.  Basically it is the first step
towards MS having a centralized DB of anyone with with a win32 box, what
they do/install/blah blah blah.  It's 'Passport' on 2 buckets of
horse-roids and 3 lines of good china white copping a cheap feel on its
customers like a drunken senator and a 17 year old hooker in a fast
moving vehicle on Connecticut Ave...dangerous, stupid, lethal, and in my
opinion illegal.

Also highly unlikely to get too much traction (Palladium is the successor
to Hailstorm, which fell over with a dull thud pretty quick). I
guuarenfuckteeyou that Palladium is going to be hardpressed to succeed,
because once an entire young generation cant gets its
mp3s/vcds/pr0n...they will learn a new OS pretty goddamn quick.

The one thing hollywood has right..."content is king"

 My
recommendation is everyone start writing letters to their congresscritters
(writing means printed onto a sheet of paper and mailed) to voice
disproval at such schemes, as well as to promote the use of OSS.