Re: [vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=&e=5&u=/nf/20021210/tc_nf/20210
>
> summary:
>
> In a prediction almost too unbelievable to imagine, Meta Group on Monday
> estimated that software giant Microsoft will bend to customer demands
> and offer Linux for Web services and server software by the end of 2004.

I'm guessing that is about right (unless something really whacked occurs)

> ps- if you want to see something really pathetic, turn off cookies if
> they aren't off already and go to http://www.metagroup.com.  heh.  i
> guess the economic slowdown hasn't touched these people yet.  imagine
> that, flat out REFUSING to provide any content at all unless cookies are
> enabled.   i can see a warning...  but to simply deny all access to
> their website?   sheesh!

You need to browse out more Peter.;)

  A lot of non-geek sites still do this
(i.e. www.ft.com).  Cookies do not factor into companies whose primary
revenue is not from the web.  Is it still stupid? Yes. Is it a
surprise? Not really.