Re: [vox] Linux Word Processors?

The older Star Office used a desktop scheme like the old
Microsoft Works. It was slow and bloated. When they released the
sourcecode for Star Office to the Open Office comunity the
community built Open Office to open applications more like you
see on the Microsoft Word setup You open writer and you get
writer not the web browser that can open star writer. It opens
Microsoft Word documents with fairly good results and is easy to
use. It does have some advanced features, though not as advanced
as Office XP (though also not as intrusive either). Try it out
and see what you think. If you have debian I can send the deb
additions for your /etc/apt/sources.list if you are using
another distro I am sure that someone can help you out. Another
advantage is that Open Office is supported on several platforms
including Windows, BSD, and Linux.

Rusty