Re: [vox] OT "auto-out-of-office" replies == get robbed ?

Re: [vox] OT "auto-out-of-office" replies == get robbed ?

Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net):

> Rick - I think the article meant lists of e-mail addresses
> (like "1 million e-mails CDROM(tm)"), not mailing lists...

Yeah, you're right.  They do describe the technique in the article.
Clever people!

The mailing list bit is what anyone who's been listadmin of such a list
knows:  People's vacation autoresponders create instant mail loops, if
the list is set up to munge.  Usually by the time the admin intervenes
to break the cycle, a few hundred rounds have gone out to all members.

--
Cheers,                        Open-source SourceForge retakes the lead:
Rick Moen                      http://gforge.org/  Thank you, Tim Perdue.