Re: [vox] Linux Word Processors?

I use OpenOffice 1.0 on both win and RH linux and it
works like a champ in most cases.

The word processor looks very much like word.  If you
want others to open your documents, you need to same them
as .doc .  I have found that some .doc documents that
have graphics or advanced things, don't open up very well
in OpenOffice.

The spreadsheet looks and feels like excel.  I have not
had any problems with it, however have been told that the
advanced features of excel, linking mulltiple spreadsheet
and compliated formulas don't import well to OpenOffice
right now.

You also need to have Java runtime installed for everything
to work smoothly.

I have not used KWord because I like the suite from OpenOffice.

I like it so much, I hand it out to doubters and they can test
it in linux or windows, and now ever Macs!

MK Murlas			mk@itdc.edu