Re: [vox] Linux Word Processors?

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:09:39PM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> Unlike most Linux users, I think there is a real problem getting a good
> wordprocessor.  Unfortunately the ones for Windows are better.  I am
> wondering what people think of Open Office and KWord.
>
> How is Open Office different from Star Office (which I can't stand)?

Open Office compared to which version of Star Office?

Apparently Open Office and the newer versions (6.x) of Star Office differ
from the older Star Office (I still use 5.2 a lot) in that they don't give
you a "desktop" environment.  They act more like other programs (each
document gets its own window) rather than trying to pretend to be a
computer-within-a-computer (documents get windows which can only live
_inside_ the main Star Office 5.2 window >:^( )

> Is anyone using KWord?  Does anyone like KWord?  What are the problems with
> KWord?

I use KWord, too.  I don't do much word processing, though.  Sorry. :^/

Good luck!