Re: [vox] greeting cards on linux

begin Nicole the Wonder Nerd <ana.ng@tmbg.org>
> Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 11:21:39PM -0800:
> > you're missing the *whole* point...
> >
> > i don't want to write the meaningless crap.  i want someone else to
> > write the inane words for me, pick out the colours and fonts, choose a
> > cheesy graphic, and leave a space for me to write "love, peter" at the
> > very bottom.    ;-)
> >
> > basically, i want to print something out, slap a stamp on it and put it
> > in the mailbox.  ;-)
>
> Basically, something like PrintShop, right?  (I used to have an older version
> for the Apple ][!)
>
> No one's made a workalike for Linux, as far as I can tell on Google.
>
> You ever think of going to Papyrus and picking up a 10-pack of blank cards?  I
> know you said you want automated inanity, but all you REALLY need to write is
> "Thinking of you," which covers about 99% of all greeting-card-worthy
> situations.

actually, the blank cards thing is a good idea.  i'll do that.

last night i had to grit my teeth to keep myself from writing something.
i had emailed "greetingcardpro" and asked if they'd ever even *consider*
porting their product to linux (they had a FAQ that said there were
"currently" no unix ports).  his reply was that they'd NEVER (sic) port
their software to linux.  what an attitude!

pete