Re: [vox] greeting cards on linux

Up spake Peter Jay Salzman on Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 11:21:39PM -0800:
> you're missing the *whole* point...
>
> i don't want to write the meaningless crap.  i want someone else to
> write the inane words for me, pick out the colours and fonts, choose a
> cheesy graphic, and leave a space for me to write "love, peter" at the
> very bottom.    ;-)
>
> basically, i want to print something out, slap a stamp on it and put it
> in the mailbox.  ;-)

Basically, something like PrintShop, right?  (I used to have an older version
for the Apple ][!)

No one's made a workalike for Linux, as far as I can tell on Google.

You ever think of going to Papyrus and picking up a 10-pack of blank cards?  I
know you said you want automated inanity, but all you REALLY need to write is
"Thinking of you," which covers about 99% of all greeting-card-worthy
situations.

--nicole (automated) twn

***
"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist,
but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."--G.K. Chesterton
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.