2002 Nov 27 07:39

[vox] new book for library

hi lugod,

just a short note to say that lugod was sent a copy of "real world linux
security" by bob toxen (prentice hall).

in my tenure with lugod i've seen many books on computer security, but
this one is particular is really nice.  it reads as if the author has
real world experience with security.  not like someone who took a bunch
of information sources and edited them together.  this is a really well
done book.  one of the best i've seen in the past couple of years.

i'm bringing it to the next meeting to give it to henry, our librarian.
it'll be available for a 2 week loan, extendible to 4 weeks if you keep
in touch with henry.  see www.lugod.org/library for details.

as with anyone kind enough to donate books to our user group, if you
read and like the book, throw a bone to the author and give the book a
good review on amazon.

lastly, a plug for nerdbooks, since dave has been so quiet lately:

http://nerdbooks.com/item.html?id=0130464562&nerdsid=d48e011f41d0647f29ebd6c975154afb

he has the book on sale for $34.49.  $16 off list price.

pete

ps- i asked the author to give a talk to lugod.  keep your fingers
crossed.  :)