2002 Nov 22 08:05

[vox] ical replacement?

dear lugod,

i noticed that the debian ical package became orphaned.  the changelog
says:

* Orphaned the package since is essential obsoleted by other,
  better maintainer alternatives.

i love ical dearly, but if there are better maintained alternatives, i'd
like to look into switching to something else.  the things i like most
about ical:

   1. it loads in no time at all.  instantaneous load time.
   2. small application; it runs quickly.  no footprint at all.
   3. not overly featureful.  very simple to use, and still powerful.
      the author found a good balance.

the thing i like least about ical:

   1. i can't sync my visor to it

in other words, ical is the exact opposite of evolution.

can someone recommend a replacement app that i can take a look at which
has all the features i like about ical but can sync to a visor?

pete