2002 Nov 21 11:41

Re: [vox] tribsoft is dead

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 03:04, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> tribsoft, the people who ported jagged alliance II, are no more.
>
> the owner said he was "taking a short break" from porting games to
> linux.  i just went to www.tribsoft.com.
>
> guess the break became permanent.  oh well.   :(
>
> pete

Noticed that too :(. Tribsoft were originally going to be the ones
porting Majesty, but then gave the rights and source over to LGP.

Seem to remember reading his disappointment at only selling 200 copies
of JA 2 in the first few weeks, he needed to sell 500 to break even. I
know there are more than 500 Linux gamers out there...

--
Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>