2002 Nov 20 17:48

Re: [vox] Election results

Who wrote this voting system and how do we know nobody's stuffing the
ballots?  Can we vote twice if we register as members twice under
different names?  Since the system keeps track of who voted how, are the
results of our voting gonna be published anywhere, like in the LUGOD
Weekly?  How do we know the system works as advertised?  Where is the
advertisement about how the system works?  Where is the voting system
sourcecode if it's open source, and if not why not?  Is the code bug free
and how do we know it's bug free?  Is the code run on a Pentium with the
rounding bug?  If the voting system crashes can we ask for a recount?  Can
we ask for a recount even if it doesn't crash?  And... do you prefer Coke
or Pepsi?

-Mark

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> So far, I can say with confidence that I think Stephen Helms will win
> the 'typescript' (Secretary) position.
>
> I also have my money on incumbent runner Henry House remaining treasurer.
> (No pun intended ;^) )
>
> -bill!
> (Happy to see the voting system hasn't caused flames to shoot out of
> Rod's server, or anything horrific)

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.