2002 Nov 17 14:17

Re: [vox] RE: Best ISP for the Road?

Quoting Michael Dunham (michaeldunham@earthlink.net):

> I agree - Earthlink is your best bet.  They have a lot more features
> than you need but for $20 a month you have dial-up access through GRIC
> nationally and internationally.
>
> Any other "cut rate" + GRIC will cost more.

AT&T Business Internet Service (not to be confused with AT&T's mediocre
consumer-grade "Worldnet" service) is what used to be called IBM
Business Internet Service, aka Advantis, aka ibm.net.  Its three pricing
plans are detailed here:

http://businessesales.att.com/products_services/businternetproduct_catalogdisplay.jhtml
http://businessesales.att.com/products_services/businessinternet_pricing_popup.html

If AT&T haven't fux0red the extremely competent IBM setup, then you will
have high-quality, reliable dial-up access all over the continent and in
52 countries elsewhere.  Depending on how much you use "roaming access"
-- your home region being one of 1 = North America, 2 =
South America, Caribbean and Mexico, 3 = EMEA = Europe, Middle East and
Africa, 4 = Asia Pacific, and 5 = the Peoples Republic of China -- I
figure it'll probably be cheaper than what you quote for Scientology
(er, I mean Earthlink), too.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                     Emacs is a decent operating system,