2002 Nov 20 01:41

[vox] Best ISP for the Road?

My wife and I have unfortunately both fallen into jobs which require a
lot of travel throughout the state.  We've both let go of our past
dial-up ISP accounts because, well, we have DSL at home and we both
thought we were done with careers that require business travel.

Bah.  "50% travel, max," really means, "Say goodbye to your life," we've
learned with this new job.

So now I'm trying to track down an ISP that offers the following:

1.  Lots of dial-up numbers throughout the state (and I mean LOTS --
we'll be headed to some pretty remote places at times);

2.  The ability to have both of us logged in on one account at the same
time (though if the rate is cheap enough, we might just get separate
accounts);

3.  Cheap-ass.  We don't need more than one e-mail account, we need no
web space or spam filters or even much in the way of technical support;
we both have our own domains, hosted by a good hosting service that
we're quite happy with, and they provide our mail service as well.  And
we're both competent enough to solve most of the technical problems we
get on our own.

4.  Reliable.

5.  Doesn't have to be "unlimited access"; I don't see us logging in
more than an hour or so a day while on the road, and when we're at home
we've got our DSL.

Anyone have any suggestions?  We've got Earthlink right now, but it
seems overkill for our needs, and thus more expensive than we'd like.
I'm considering peoplepc.com but I'm wondering if there are any other
good options out there that anyone can recommend.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com