2002 Nov 13 22:38

Re: [vox] code sleuths needed - cheating suspected

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> just for the record, i don't want to get anyone in trouble.  i don't
> plan on making it "official" or anything.  i just don't want to give
> credit for the homework if it was copied.
>
> so i guess maybe it's silly to even worry about it in the first place.

At the level of complexity of this program, most students are puzzling
over how to declare variables and functions.  I can see the similarities,
but then again when I am that new in some technique I cut and paste as
well, and I am under some illusion that I am learning something.

I guess the similar styles of use of floating point numbers, of testing
the file function return values, and sequence of variable declarations do
strongly suggest copying.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing